Contact Brent — Phone: 0450 661 642 –Email:


This information is the latest from the Queensland Governments website as of 4th August 2012

What the pool safety laws mean for me

Under the new swimming pool safety laws:

  • a pool safety certificate, issued by a licensed pool safety inspector, is required when selling, buying or leasing a property with a pool (pool safety certificates are valid for one year for a shared pool and two years for a non-shared pool)
  • the pool safety standard applies to all shared pools associated with houses, units, hotels, motels, backpacker hostels, caravan parks, mobile van parks and other forms of short-term accommodation
  • If a building such as a home, unit or hotel room is within the pool fence perimeter, it needs to be fenced from the pool. This includes buildings with living areas such as games rooms. Toilet facilities and change rooms may be located within the pool area, but these structures must not provide a thoroughfare into the pool enclosure from outside.

    Click here for information on Pool Safety Laws and Guidelines




    Contact Brent — Phone: 0450 661 642 –Email:

    Created by :